Easy Monkey Bread
Yummy & easy to make – the kids love to help with this winning recipe.
- 12 in. Camp Dutch Oven
- Round Cake Pan (fits inside Dutch Oven)
- Trivet (Optional)
- Small Saucepan
- Charcoal Chimney (optional)
- 4 tubes Refrigerator biscuits Store brand works just as well as name brand.
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Stick Margarine
- Cooking Oil spray
- 24 Briquet Charcoal (lit) 12in Dutch Oven, 14 on top and 10 under Dutch Oven
- Preheat Dutch Oven to 350 deg F.
- Spray pan with cooking oil spray.
- Divide each biscuit into quarters (1/4's).
- Coat each piece in sugar/cinnamon mixture; toss lightly into cakepan.
- Melt margarine in saucepan.
- 1 Cup sugar & 3/4 tsp. Cinnamon.
- Add Cinnamon & Sugar mixture to melted margarine in saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil to disolve sugar
- Pour mixture over top of biscuit pieces.
- Add nuts, if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 5 min.
- Invert onto plate.
- Serve warm.