A favorite for the cool camping days of October.
Dutch Oven Jambalaya
- 1 lb. Kielbasa
- 1/2 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 onion coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 can 15 oz. chopped fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups dry instant rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb Optional: fresh shrimp.
- Tabasco Sauce to taste
- Heat a 10 in. dutch oven with 4-5 charcoal briquets underneath.
- Cut sausage into 1/2 in. pieces.
- Add sausage and onions to dutch oven and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add chopped garlic & parsley. Cook until parsley is soft.
- Add remaining ingredients (thyme, salt, water, canned tomato, rice.)
- Place dutch oven on top of 4 or 5 freshly lit briquettes & place 10 briquettes on lid.
- Cover & simmer 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Let set about 10-15min. to firm Jambalaya up.